Tuesday, April 26, 2011

24042011 @ Penang

Penang here i come~
The main intention of this trip was to attend an interview at USM. I was so nervous and scared but excited too(!) at the same time. Scared for the interview and excited cause i'm shortlisted! =D Yes Miss TJ, your message made me cannot sit still for the whole night! lol. Went to school to verify my certificates the day after and met Mr Soh too. He asked me to go for it =)

And so, a two days and one night trip was planned. I know mum wanted to go very much but too bad la. Siblings still have to go to school and tuitions. And mum has to be the driver so it just dad and i. Could have just listen to Mr Soh's (=p) suggestion. Ponteng and there goes a family trip to Penang! But sisters don't want to so don't be envious then! Ha!

Left for Penang at 9 cause we woke up earlier than expected. Of course, we had breakfast with mum first =) And then, off we go! My luggages were kinda alot and yet dad was so carefree! Conned me into helping him to bring his stuffs too. Zzz.. Cheeky!

The journey took us about 4 hours plus to reach there. Dad was taking his own sweet time~ Stopped by quite a number of times. That fragile Avanza needed rest =.=" I was sleeping in the car with my super sleeping poses. I need rest too! @@


Zzz..


First rest stop, Shell station on the way to my ns camp. Miss it! =D Stopped by cause my bladder's gonna burst anytime soon lol. And dad suggested us to treat ourselves with ice-cream. I was kinda reluctant. But he said we always have it when we're on the way to your camp last time. So, i said okay! with the (!) Haha..



His childish choice =) My kitkat!

So tempting..


After that, it's time for dreamland again. Such a pig >.<!! And this time dad needed some refreshment. So, second rest stop, some rumah rehat. Dad had white coffee to keep him awake. Some imba-ly diluted and tasteless and texture-less coffee =.=" He forced me to share his sardine sandwiches. I don't like sardine.. Oh, we bought jambu air too. Eating all the way there~


Not sweet wan..


Someone recommended a seafood restaurant at Bukit Tambun. She said it's super nice. Everyone will go there to eat on the way to Penang. So, we listened to her lo. Went to a restaurant called Prawn Village to have lunch. But it turned out to be not so nice. The crabs are not fresh. That was what the unknown(?) said after i ate so much! =.="  We demanded for discount! No, the unknown did it.


Very much alive?


No wonder no people la.. Ish..


Dad chose this table =)


Yerr, i don't like rubbery textured food! =(


I love the sauce =D

Nice too!


I like the egg but not the oysters. Smelly..


Waa..didn't touch this at all..


Mantis prawn in black pepper sauce =D


Took back as souvenir? Yea..


And finally.. Taadaa..!

The legendary Penang bridge lol


We went and find the university straight after we reached there. Dad was very concerned =) It's easy to find though. Not too deep inside Penang. The university looks clean and huge..


Standing tall..


And then, we checked into the nearest hotel as recommended by the guard. They are friendly =) Dad was so cute! He practiced his way to the university from the hotel twice, to the main entrance and to the back gate. Haha! He told me what time should i get ready tomorrow cause although it's near, there might be traffic jam since monday is a working day. Such responsible daddy lol


Vistana hotel, 15 minutes drive from USM.


I started taking photographs once we got into the room and of course i got the wth look from dad. Ha~


The bathroom.


Dad loves coffee!


I love tv!


I like this part the most cause it's romantic?


No, cause it has this..@@


The view behind the curtain =)


Oh! They have a fridge filled with soft drinks too. But i'm not interested at all. Lalala~
We bathed and went out to search for food again. Went Anjung Gurney to have dinner. Hot and stuffy! Zzz.. I had char koay tew and taufu fa and dad wanted har mee. According to the locals there, that char koay tew stall is the best among all the char koay tew stalls there. Queued for quite long and the owner is not friendly =( It's stall no 71 or 78? I can't remember. Zzz..


Rojak! That rojak is really very rojak. They put everything in!



Went Gurney plaza to buy mineral water later. I just wanna enjoy the aircond there. Ahhh~ So cooling >.< But it's hot and humid again when we came out. Strolled along the sidewalk under the cooling raindrops and gentle sea breeze =)


Saw the shadows? =)


And then back to hotel to rest. Tomorrow is the day! Argh.. I still can't believe it's coming.. So unprepared! Anyway, tomorrow, here i come~!



Look at his tired face =(


2 comments:

  1. Gilaaaa ahhhhhhhh! both of u onli boleh makan so much of FOOODS????????????? the mantis prawn thing looked VERY tempting hahaha
    oh yaaa, i like ur [!] hahaha damn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we scared you???????? yaya, but not nice wan =( (!)??? Shout in silence xD

    ReplyDelete